August 7th, 2012
Well I’m not too much on an art type of person, I can’t draw, I’m not a very good painter and I’m not good with sculpting clay. The only ‘art’ type of thing I can actually be proud of is this:
Part of my art project for my BTEC (I didn’t have a choice) was to create a 3D fictional character which is easily recognized by it’s clothing and facial features. Me and my best friend decided on the Corpse Bride by Tim Burton and this type of art we loved doing every minute of it. This is something we are tremendously proud of.
I love writing and it can be a form of art I guess. It’s mine and my boyfriend’s 6 month anniversairy of the 14th of this month and well we like to celelbrate the little half one because it’s a very big achievemnt so I wanted to get creative. I’ve always liked the idea of scrapbooks but ones where you can add photos and text and it’s not all really orangised just plain pages. After slaving over every shop in my city centre I came across Paperchase
, now I don’t always like shopping here because it’s so expensive but I found the most gorgeous book ever I just couldn’t say no.
It set me back £8.75 but once I’d laid eyes on it I just needed to have it! I love making scrapbooks but the books I make them in must be pretty and this is the best one I’ve had so far. There were lots of different styles with different colored paper, but because I’m giving it to my boyfriend I had to pick neutral colors (I’ll have to snap up the others as well as their hand made notebooks some other day ^.^)
My favorite bit about the whole book is the way it closes. Now I’m a person who is very particular about these things because I hate to see lovely books get ruined. This one clothes with a little ribbon you can tie in a bow. Now if I wasn’t already sold this would be it, this is the cherry on the top of this little cake and I’m in love.
Also the pages are black which means white framed photographs and light pens would stand out really nicely on the page, I also liked this color because it was different and a little special. I also got carried away with myself and bought a cute little silver pen to write in which set me back nearly £4! I think I’ll stick to WHSmiths for my pens next time.
I just can’t wait to get started on this! I’m so excited heh, I hope Tom loves it as much as I do – xo
July 27th, 2012
Yes it was payday for some people today, but not me, saddening I know. I may have a paper round but it doesn’t come with a proper paycheck, boohoo. However it was my boyfriends pay day today and well he thought he’d treat me =^.^= It was his second but the first one he got to enjoy fully seeing as the first one he owed most of it out, anyway on to the pictures of all my lovely goodies.
1. Okay so I didn’t get this wallet or the Mario one I also adored, but I think next time I’ll just have to get it along it’s £7 :(
2 & 3. Is my amazingly cute build a bear which Tom bought me for £9 eep which I called Pumpkin :-)
4. My Mum gave me the money for this and some jeans I bought which is gorgeous – Primark £17.
5. At first I thought this was a dress but it turned out to be a playsuit which I still adore – Chinese Laundry £5.
6. Last but certainly not least is my gorgeous sailor dress which I have lusted after for the last few months which Tom finally bought me! I don’t think I could of wanted for anything more then this. Most prized dress ever – Chinese Laundry £25.
We also went to Krispy Kreme and tried out two more different flavors of doughnuts (tradition ^.^) and we also just chilled around town for a while. But my most favorite part of the day was that tom bought me a gorgeous 12mm wooden plug which I’m just in love with, it’s gorgeous. Oh and the fact Tom was also pricing up some piercings today, we was going for tattoos too because I wanted to price mine up but we didn’t have time. So I think next pay check he’s going to get them done, eek I’m excited.
Anyway I now have to pack as I’m going camping till Thursday which means no more blogging, bummer :c
July 22nd, 2012
Wow, I haven’t posted in a while have I. Well lot’s has happened! I finally got a job interview which I’m waiting to hear back from, I had my prom and also I went on holiday to a small campsite near Hornsea. I’m not sure whether to do 2 posts about the last few weeks, I feel as if prom deserves it’s own post so I think that’s what I’ll do
1. Me and my boyfriend at prom (before it started.)
2. My nails for prom which my boyfriend so kindly did
3. My make up for prom (this was just a test run.)
4. Pictures of me and my favorite people. me at the other guy is my friend Luke, one of me and my boyfriend Tom and the big one is of my and my best friend Cheryl.
5. Photo of me and Cheryl done by the photographer.
6. Me and my brother in my back garden before prom.
7. Me and Cheryl at prom yet again before we went in.
8. Top picture is me, my mum and my brother. Bottom is me, my brother and my dad.
9. This is another photo of me and my friend Luke.
I have to say it was different to what I though it’d be – no I didn’t get upset, it was just nice to spend a night with friends that I don’t see a lot outside of school and I can tell you what I’m going to miss some of them so so much, they mean the world to me. Plus we had the DJ play loads of old music which was just the cherry on top of the cake.